Meet Our Associates
Kathyrn C. Church, Owner & Principal Consultant
Kathy Church is the Owner and Principal Consultant with Strategic Focus Associates. Based in Charleston, South Carolina, she has more than 35 years of experience leading strategic planning, organizational design and change efforts in large, complex systems. Her participatory approach creates high performance work systems that align with business strategy and drive employee retention and engagement. Kathy has worked in a variety of public and private sectors including higher education, healthcare, aerospace, federal government, financial services, technology, sales and services, manufacturing, nonprofit, automotive, and telecommunications.
Kathy's work over the past twenty years has focused on achieving results in complex, changing environments. She has worked extensively in the area of conflict resolution, helping to clarify common interests (goals) and move towards healthier, results oriented environments.
Principal, Strategic Focus Associates, 2000-Present
Partner, Dannemiller Tyson Associates, 1996-1999
Principal, Kathryn C Church Consulting, 1994-1996
Internal Management and Consulting Positions, 1978-1994
To collaborate with leaders and internal consultants to help organizations create high performance work systems using participative approaches to strategic planning, organization and process redesign, and organization development.
Master of Science, Eastern Kentucky University
Bachelor of Arts, Clemson University
Author and Presenter
- Gatzke, D, Church, K, & James, K, Ten Things That Will Change Architecture Education in the Next Ten Years, Columns, AIA Dallas, Fall, 2013.
- Higginbotham, EJ, Church, KC, Strategic Planning as a Tool for Achieving Alignment in Academic Health Centers. Transactions of the American Clinical and Climatological Association, Vol. 123, 2012.
- Dannemiller, KD, Belanger J, Blixt, A, Church, KC, Eggers, M, Gates, A, James, S, Johnson, H, Johnson, L, Kasmerski, S, Koller, R, Loup, R, McNeil, JJ, and Tolchinsky, P. Whole-Scale Change: Unleashing the Magic in Organizations. Berrett-Koehler Publisher, Inc., San Francisco. October 2000.
- CChurch, KC, Foss, CD, and Foss, EM, PMP. The Secret to a Smooth Merger: Culture Clash and integration nightmare... or win-win collaboration. Your choice. The Project Management Best Practices Report Executive Briefing Magazine, Issue 5, Summer 2002.
- Church, KC, Foss, CD, and Swanson, P. What is corporate culture... and how can we change it? The Project Management Best Practices Report Executive Briefing Magazine, Issue 5, Summer 2002.
- Church, KC, Foss, CD, and Foss, EM, PMP. Recharge your business: Review, focus, and renew with collaborative processes. The Project Management Best Practices Report, Vol. 1, Issue 2, Feb. 2004.
Partial Client List
University of Arizona, The University of Texas at Arlington, Howard University Health Sciences, Medical University of South Carolina, MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas Pan American, Medical College of Georgia (now Georgia Regents University), Microsoft, Seagate Technologies, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium, Acterna Corporation, BASF, United States Coast Guard, Centers for Disease Control, NASA, Panama Canal Commission, Honeywell International, Department of Energy, The United States Postal Service, United Airlines
You can always find Kathy near her favorite place - on or by the water